CHAIN OF CUSTODY DNA TEST: (Legal will uphold in court for Child Support, Immigration, Birth Certificate Changes)
As an AABB-accredited laboratory, we perform paternity tests and other DNA tests using a Chain of Custody documentation process to ensure results will be legally defensble, in case the results will be used in courts and other govenrment agencies. Cost includes testing for father, child and mother. This process proves and satisfies the following legal requirements:
- Buccal samples or blood samples are collected by an impartial third party, such as a clinic or laboratory.
- The individuals tested are positively identified (i.e. They present a government-issued ID, and they are photographed and fingerprinted for records.).
- The samples are carefully tracked and matched to each test participant throughout the entire DNA testing process.
- The Chain of Custody process requires samples to be taken by a neutral third party.
When you come to the sample collection appointment, you will be asked to do the following to meet the Chain of Custody requirements:
- Present government-issued identification for the adults
- Present a form of identification for minors, such as a birth certificate or social security card
- Be photographed and fingerprinted
- Complete a Client Identification and Consent Form (the minor’s consent form should be signed by the legal guardian)
Sibling Test: Includes DNA samples from 2 siblings and 1 common parent (preferrably mother)
-$25.00 if client shows up 15 minutes after scheduled appointment.
-$25.00 no show fee.
-$25.00 fee for extra copies of results.